Welcome to Learn @ FAI Farms
Created specifically for professionals working in the global food industry, the Antimicrobial Stewardship in the Food Chain online course will equip course
participants with the knowledge and skills needed to make a meaningful contribution to the problem of antibiotic resistance – an issue described as one of
‘the greatest challenges facing humanity’.
Antimicrobial Resistance is one of the key global concerns of our time, affecting animal health, human health, food security and farming practices in all regions. The roles of food industry professionals are highly critical in controlling the use of antibiotics in food-producing animals, and therefore mitigating the risks of AMR emergence. By setting policy on antibiotic stewardship for food supply chains, we have the opportunity to drive responsible antibiotic usage in millions of food-producing animals.
- How antibiotics work and how they are categorised
- How resistant bacteria emerge and spread
- Measurement of medicine usage in food-producing species
- Animal welfare dimensions of antibiotic resistance
- How you can act as an ‘agent of change’
Features and Benefits
- Relevant to antibiotic stewardship in all food animals, including terrestrial and aquatic species
- Interactive tasks, videos, quizzes and assignments encourage greater depth of learning
- Expert contributions from international leaders in the field from academia, research, industry and policy backgrounds
- Includes additional interactive learning activities
- A dedicated online forum for participants
- Participants can study either face-to-face or via distance learning
Individual course access is £175 plus VAT for distance learning.
Group course access is £150 plus VAT for distance learning.
Click here to register for this course
Already registered? Enter the course below.